Monday, October 22, 2007

New Socks Started, Old Ones on Back Burner

These are some toddler socks I started back in June or maybe even before that. I think it is Regia Stretch 6-ply colors, but I lost the label. It is really stretchy and stripes randomly. These are for my nephew and I need to finish them by Christmas! All I need to do is add one more afterthought heel and graft the toes, but I have been side-tracked by my newest project....

These are my Claudia Handpaints socks. I started them about a week ago and am making very good progress for me. Since last Thursday, I am taking a break from work, so I am trying to finish these before the Oct 31 midnight deadline. The colorway is Taupe, but it looks more like a cedar brown - this picture makes it look more red than it is - it really looks like cedar bark. I'm knitting them on size 1 circulars, getting about 8.5 stitches per inch. I love this yarn! It is very stretchy and I'm only using 56 stitches - I could probably go down a few stitches even. I am making up my own pattern, based on the New Pathways for Sock Knitter's book and the baby cable rib pattern from Barbara Walker Treasury.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the get-together on Sunday because I will be out of town. Hopefully, I'll finish these socks on the long car ride:) However, I will be at the Crazy Aunt Purl thing on Thursday, so if you see me, say Hi. I'll be wearing a dark pink jacket and my new Pomatomus socks.




No comments: