Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Half a Pair Finished

I always keep a small knitting bag stashed in my trunk with a little project that I can pull out if I'm in line somewhere, or at a conference or hanging out with my nieces and nephews at the park, etc. For the last couple of years I've been working my way through the Socks, Socks, Socks book with my "car knitting" and I've finished one of my latest pair:



They're called "Feather and Fan" and I'm using Crystal Palace Panda Wool. I really like this yarn. It's a bamboo, wool, nylon blend. For a while there, it was hard to find solid colored sock yarns and this yarn comes in some very nice colors. It seems like the pendulum is swinging back again and solids are getting easier to come by again.



I'm also making good progress on the Quidditch Socks for my nephew. I was measuring his calf on Sunday so I could figure out how long to make the legs and he said he didn't want knee highs, he wants crew length. Awesome! Less knitting for me. The pattern also calls for increasing as you go up the calf, but he has such skinny, stick legs that I'm going to skip that too. Maybe I'll be able to finish the first one at the KAL on Sunday.

No comments: