Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My first ever


Here they are just in the nick of time. These are my first pair of socks! I did them toe-up in a 5 stitch pattern from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Socks. What a great book! I did the easy-toe and a short row heel. I thought it was a good idea to do my first pair in a worsted weight, so these went pretty quickly. I plan to start another pair right away, again in worsted, but this time I intend to do the Resolable Socks from Favorite Socks, which are top-down. Good to know there's incentive (beyond Christmas gifting) to keep trying new socks.

2 comments:

Kimara said...

Congrats on your first socks! I love the color choices and the pattern looks beautiful!

Debra said...

Nice work on your first socks! SS-Great book, isn't it? There are soo many wonderful patterns to knit.