Friday, February 29, 2008

The Knitting Mom's Complaint

...is that she has no time (or energy). In the BC (Before Child) era, I could knit a pair of socks in a week. Honest. Now if I can eke out a single sock in a month it's a ruddy miracle. So, it is with great pride that I present...

A PAIR of socks.


These were knit with Austermann Step, a gift/prize from Deb, who knit those fabulous, contest-winning socks the first month of the KAL. They were intended for my husband- for his birthday in December, then for Christmas. They were finally given to him on Valentine's Day.

My sock mojo returned somewhat, and the sock in progress with handspun yarn that you see here:

is now ready for the toes to be grafted. I'm really hoping to knit its mate in March.

And yeah, still entertaining the crazy notion of knitting my husband 3 or 4 or perhaps 6 pairs of socks for his milestone birthday this year. Hey, a girl can dream.

1 comment:

Debra said...

2nd skein wound and ready to go... along with a long-awaited holiday gift. :)